Surreywood boasts a variety of family friendly recreational activities. In the heart of the community, Lake Surreywood allows our Civic Association members the opportunity to enjoy fishing and boating. The wide streets are perfect for a stroll and warmer weather brings Surreywood alive with bikers, runners, walkers and playing children. In addition, Surreywood is also home to the Surreywood Swim & Tennis club, featuring Surreywood’s own swim team, three separate pools, a snack area and a playground for the kids. Each year the Surreywood Civic Association (SCA) hosts a variety of events and activities – including a Fish Fry, Fall Festival, Potlucks and Community Parades.
At the center of our community is Lake Surreywood, a man-made lake fed by natural springs and open to any SCA member for fishing, boating, or simply enjoying the view. Having recently dredged the Lake, re-stained the boardwalk and installed new benches, our lake has never been such a beautiful place to relax with family and enjoy a bit of nature.
- Lake use (including boardwalk and boat launch) are for SCA members and their accompanied guests only.
- Our lake is primarily surrounded by private property. Respect people’s property and do not trespass.
- Please remove any trash that you brought with you. Leave the lake as clean as or cleaner than you found it.
- Do not feed the wildlife, especially geese. Goose droppings contribute to the silt and algae in the lake and are a health hazard.
- All boats on the lake must have an SCA sticker on each side to indicate that the boat is owned by a SCA member. To acquire these stickers (or a key to the access road) please contact our Lake Chairman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Located near the boat launch, the SCA has built a boat rack for convenient storage of canoes, row boats, or kayaks. These racks are available to any Civic Association member to lease at a rate of $20 annually. If you would like to have your name added to the waiting list, email our Lake Chairman at email@example.com.
Open year-round, our playground is located just steps from both Lake Surreywood and the Surreywood Swim & Tennis Club. Consisting of swings, slides, monkey bars and other play-things, our neighbor-maintained playground has something for kids of all ages. Nestled among mature trees and complete with picnic tables, the park provides a cool, shady place in the summer to pack a snack for the family.
Swim & Tennis Club
Consisting of three pools, a snack bar, a sand volleyball court and tennis courts , the Surreywood Swim & Tennis Club offers tennis lessons, swimming lessons and a swim team for children ages 5 to 18. It is the perfect place to meet and relax with your friends and neighbors. The Swim & Tennis Club is separately managed and owned — membership and other information can be found at: